Sunday 22 April 2018

Writing a Recount

Abigail’s Recount Writing Learning story


The Problem:  
How do I retell a significant event so others can share my experience?


My recount:
Jack and the Beanstalk: From the perspective of the Giant

I was asleep on my nice bed then I smell someone coming
inside. then I woke up and I saw a boy running away. so I ran
after that boy and I caught him.then I slip so he ran as fast as
he could.then on the next day jack


Came back and he didn’t knock On the door. he climbed
through the window when mum was cooking food for me.
So I said Fee fi fo fum I smell a child with my nose. so I got
this piano so it made me go to sleep.

Jack quickly ran out of the oven and ran away and climbed
down the beanstalk. and then I ran after him then he said to
get the cross so him and his mother cut the beanstalk down.
Then I fell on the ground.




Success criteria: (highlight the success criteria your writing shows)
I can use-
  • A powerful hook to get the reader’s attention
  • Where, when and who in the introduction to set the scene
  • An introduction- middle- conclusion
  • The 5 W’s (where, when, why, who,  what, and why) and 1 H (how) to add detail
  • Dialogue to tell what happened
  • The past tense
  • Descriptive words to make the writing interesting
  • Precise words to let the reader know what exactly happened.
  • Connectives to make the  story flow from one group of ideas to another.
  • Punctuation to help the reader understand the ideas
  • Personal voice like I think….


My Learning:  (Choose 3 to write about)


  • I was good at ….. because…..
  • I got better at ….. because…..
  • It is hard to ….. because…..
  • I feel ….. when….. because…..
  • My next steps are ….. because…..
  • I am going to achieve my next steps by ….. because…..
  • I used the key competency of ________ as learning power because…..
  • I needed to use the key competency of _______ as learning power because....
  • ________ thinks I am good at ….. because…..


I feel happy when I am on my own because I can get my work done.


It was hard to understand the idea because you have to listen carefully because you mate repeat the ides

I was good at writing because I sound out the world that I am stuck on like confusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment