Sunday 22 April 2018

Writing Poetry

Abigail’s Poetry Writing Learning story

The Problem:  
How do I express my ideas in a poem that communicates effectively to my audience?  

My poem:  
Breeze

Breeze is fast as a cheetah ,
She Is funny like a monkey
She is quiet like a cat.

Success criteria: (highlight the success criteria your writing shows)
I can use-
  • Line breaks-writing in shorter lines to slow the reader down
  • Rhythm-makes the reader tap their foot
  • Simile-comparing using ‘like’ or ‘as’
  • Metaphor-saying that one thing is something else
  • Personification-giving human traits to something that is not human
  • Imagery-helping the reader form a picture in their mind
  • Alliteration-using the same sound at the beginning of neighbouring words
  • Repetition-repeating something

My Learning:  (Choose 3 to write about)

  • I was good at ….. because…..
  • I got better at ….. because…..
  • It is hard to ….. because…..
  • I feel ….. when….. because…..
  • My next steps are ….. because…..
  • I am going to achieve my next steps by ….. because…..
  • I used the key competency of ________ as learning power because…..
  • I needed to use the key competency of _______ as learning power because....
  • ________ thinks I am good at ….. because…..


I am getting better at doing line breaks
I was good at simile because I used as in my poetry when I wrote she is quiet like a cat.

I feel good when i imagery pictures because it  helps you get images in your head like when I said monkey in my poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment