Sunday 9 June 2019

Thinking about Justice and Injustice



In Room 4, we’ve been thinking about things that are just and unjust.


We’ve been reading a book called ‘Dawn Raids’ by Pauline Smith.


We’ve been thinking about what is just or unjust in the story.


I think it was fair when the grandma smacked the policeman with
her jandal because the policeman took her boys to jail for nothing.

I think it was unfair when the boys went to jail for nothing,
but I think they went to jail because one of them tried to punch
the policeman in the face.  Then the uncle tried stopping the boy
from punching the policeman in the face.





We’ve also been learning about the treaty of Waitangi.  
We’ve been finding out about promises that were broken.


I think it was fair when Maori tried to fight the Settlers,Whalers,Pakeha
and other people so that the other people wouldn’t steal Maori land.

I think it was unfair when George Gray tried to get the Maoris land
because he already made an a geetmeant to not take the land.

.


I was able to make some connections between these things and my life.  


In my life, it’s fair when I take turns being the goalie in ole soccer
because the other people in your team might have good skills to
protect the goal from the other team  getting a point.

In my life it’s unfair when my second older sister get to have new
shoes when I don’t have new shoes. I tried to ask my parents if I
can have new shoes so they said I could have new shoes next week.


When that unfair thing happened, I tried to get over it and  it worked.
When I got over it I went and play with my dog outside and then after
I played with my dog I felt calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment