Thursday 11 April 2019

Add/sub learning story

Abigail’s Maths learning Story
The Problem:  
Ajay’s Parent’s Wedding

At Ajay’s parent’s wedding on the weekend 99 people were invited to the wedding.  

48 extra people showed up.  
How many people were there?

What different ways can you solve this problem?


How we solved the problem:
Then I did 99+48 and then I split the 48 into 1 and 47.
Then I did 99+1=100 and then 100+47=147.

Finally I found the answer and the answer was 147 people that was at Ajay parent’s wedding

Working as a group is important:  Choose 2 to write about
I am good at….  because….
I am getting better at ….. because …..
It’s hard for me …… because …...
I need to work on  because….

I’m getting better at telling ideas to my group so they can understand when I’m talking about the problem.  

I need to work on sharing the pen and getting in a four square so that our group is ready for working together.

No comments:

Post a Comment